Monday, July 25, 2011

Missing Theatre

I feel like I haven’t been to the theatre in months, and I miss it. Don’t get me wrong, I love the movies. But seeing something live onstage is a different experience, a different vibration, and one of the things that has kept me sane (as well as can be expected) all these years.

So while I peruse the papers (and the discount emails that I require to fit my budget) as to which theatre to visit very, very soon, have a look at this article by Deborah Magid. What Deborah writes about the role of theatre in society has long been my belief, and she says it well while introducing her readers to a new project, “America: Now and Here.

Deborah’s article is in the online magazine, JUiCYHEADS at:
http://juicyheads.com/link.php?PLHFKWIH


"America, Now and Here,” in which visual artists, musicians, filmmakers, playwrights, and poets will attempt to “use art to have a dialogue about America,” is an interesting concept, and like all theatre, cannot exist without its audience. Theatre, after all, is a communal art.

Is the tour coming near you?

~ Until next time, Molly Matera signing off to get some newsprint on my fingers.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the heads up about Magid's article. Thought provoking. May be useful for pedagogical purposes and personal enlightenment. Merci!

    ReplyDelete